High energy tunes can keep you excited at home, during a workout or even when at work. If you are a music lover then you definitely know how entertaining and uplifting good quality tunes can be. With so many headphone options available in the market today, you will definitely find a set that works for the kind of needs and lifestyle that you have. There are so many styles including the wired models and wireless models to choose and one good pair can be used in different ways to serve all your needs.
1. Earbuds and in-ear monitors – The in-ear monitors are referred to as IEMs. They are a type of headphones designed to fit snugly in the ear canal. Sports headphones are usually in the category and you might want to consider them if you are a sports person. They can have rubber or foam tips in different sizes so users can find the perfect fit that keeps them intact during moving, running or exercises. You can replace the tips and have them custom made for your ear canals. High end models offer amazing sound quality and are great for isolation of passive noise.
Earbuds have small drivers that are designed to rest on the outer ear’s ridge. They are quite affordable but offer less isolation and fidelity compared to other headphones. They usually accompany portable music devices.
2. Over ear headphones – They are commonly referred to as full size headphones because they have ear cups that are designed to enclose ears. If you are looking for sound quality then these are the earphones to go for. They are perfect in isolating you from outer sounds.
3. On-ear headphones – They are very similar to the over ear phones only that the cushioning sits on outer ear and do not enclose the ears as the over ear headphones do. They offer quality sound, but they have reduced bass response compared to the over ear headphones. The on ear models will not reduce passive noise as much and you will still hear outside noise and those near, you can also hear what you are listening to.
4. Wired headphones – They have a wire running to connect them to your phone, MP3 player or streaming device and any other audio device that you could be using. The best thing about wired headphones is that they offer excellent quality of sound and they do not need batteries. If you are a gamer then you will enjoy the fact that you have no worries about batteries dying out when playing.
5. Wireless headphones – They make better choices for outdoor and sport usage because they offer freer movements and no tangles even during the most intense activities. Wireless technology is used to connect the music player to the headphones and most use Bluetooth technology to encode audio and then transmit the sounds wirelessly.
Even though headphones traditionally have bands that rest on the head top, you can find models that have the bands resting on the neck. Most people find the neck sitting models a little more comfortable and better still because they do not mess hairstyles.